3.05.2013

Do you hear Sirens?

I honestly don't think I will EVER tire of drawing girls. It's just too fun for me. I get my ideas from a lot of different sources. For example, every girl that is special to me (friend and family) is so different and awesome in their own way. I really appreciate them for all the things that make them who they are. My daughter has an awesome gap between her two front teeth that I REFUSED to get fixed even though I was pressured many times by our dentist. It's one of the many things that makes her smile HER smile! She is is the MOST special & unique girl I know and I'm so proud of her. (not biased or anything ;) Fire Braids was definitely an ode to her pearly whites. Also, I like the idea that I can be different whenever I want. Change is inevitable. So if I feel like having green hair one day, instead of damaging my super fine hair, then getting sick of it a week later, I can just draw a girl with green hair instead!!!! So all of these thoughts are constantly brewing in my girly noggin'....Hence, the Siren Series. I just love that word Siren. It's kinda sexy, smart and powerful. And NOT perfect. We should all embrace the crap out of our imperfections because they are truly beautiful! Hope you enjoy these curious ladies. 
From top to bottom, Lotus Waves, Chai Swirl, Fore Braids and Magenta Topknot.





No comments: